- Define additional selection values based on a previous selection to make it easier for the task user to select the required values.
- Restrict available entries within a selection control based on other form values, to make it easier for the workflow user to pick the correct entry.
- Display only relevant data in selections, to easier, find the relevant one.
Cascading lookups can be configured for the following form controls:
- Radio buttons
- Combo box
- List box
- Input is a business entity
- there is either a selection (activity Select BusinessEntity) in the workflow (all selected business entity items are available)
- or there is no selection in the workflow (all business entity items are available
- or the item is a sub-item (all business entity items matching the relation are available)
- Input are static entries (all static entries are displayed)
- Technical detail: ItemData is stored within the task (it is not resolved at runtime)
Now it is possible to define conditions as a filter of the displayed data. Those conditions include 3 parts, have a look at the screenshot. The left part is for the columns or fields (business entity field). Whereas the right part is either for a static or business entity link value (can also be an output of a different form field). In the middle, it can be decided how those two values can be compared (e.g. "equals").
Previous | Next