Install Event Handler Plug-In
To install a plug-in for the Team Foundation Server 2016 you simply have to copy the corresponding assembly to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 14.0\Application Tier\Web Services\bin\Plugins.
Adapt Server Name
Depending on the server the events should be forwarded to, the corresponding configuration file needs to be adapted as follows:
- First, you need to navigate to the path C:\inetpub\EventHandler on the TFS Server and create a file called TFS.txt there.
- In this file, you now register the FireStart Server, which should receive the events from the third-party system. Please use the following format for that: <servername>;<port>;<domain>;<user>;<pwd>. It is also possible to register an additional server, just keep in mind to use a new line for each server.
- If there is an event triggered from the third-party system, a sub-folder with the name of the text file will be created in the folder C:\inetpub\EventHandler. Should it happen, that the FireStart Server is offline, then the events will be stored here temporarily and are grouped by the servername. If the server is online again, the events will be handed in.
- If there is a general error, the logs can be found in the path C:\inetpub\EventHandler\<System>.
- If the error concerns the transfer, it can be found under C:\inetpub\EventHandler\<System>\<Servername>.
With that, the installation and configuration of the plug-in have been completed successfully.
Previous | Next