Although the installation of FireStart Outlook Add-in was successful, it is not displayed in Outlook.
This can happen due to various reasons:
- Check whether the FireStart Outlook in is listed in Outlook Options > Add-ins. In case the Add-in is not listed, click Manage > COM Add-ins > Go and verify that the Add-in entry is checked. Is the Add-in not listed in COM Add-ins navigate to Outlook Options > Add-ins > Manage > Disabled Items > Go and ensure the iAdd-n is enabled. Afterward, verify that the Add-in entry is checked in COM Add-ins.
- The load behavior of the Outlook Add-in is controlled by registry keys. When using a 32-bit Office on a 32-bit Windows the value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Office\Outlook\Addins\PROLOGICS FireStart Outlook Add-in\LoadBehavior has to be 3. When using a 32-bit Office on a 64-bit Windows the key can be found in the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Office\ Outlook\Addins\PROLOGICS FireStart Outlook Add-in\LoadBehavior. Does one of these keys exist? In case these keys exist in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\PROLOGICS FireStart Outlook Add-in\LoadBehavior, the keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE still will be preferred and have to be adjusted there.
- Check whether the FireStart Outlook Add-in is listed in Outlook Options > Add-ins > Manage >COM Add-ins > Go and Load Behavior is either "Not loaded. Certificate of signed and load at startup COM Add-in is not in the trusted source list." or "Not loaded. The user selected to disable macros.". In this case, the user has not set the setting Outlook Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Macro Settings and has set Apply macro security settings to installed Add-ins and has disabled the Add-in during the start of Outlook. To load the Add-in lower the macro security and enable the Add-in during the start of Outlook or disable the setting Apply macro security settings to installed Add-ins.
- Another reason is a corrupt Outlook profile. Try to create a new profile and see if the FireStart Outlook Add-in is displayed there.
- Check whether the .NET framework 4.6.1 or higher is installed or enabled as a feature. For example, this is not the case with Windows 7 by default.
Previous | Next